Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Ultimate Avengers The Movie


















BRAIN: I am happy to report that I didn't have a problem with this movie. In fact, I enjoyed it. I went in with pretty low expectations so I guess it was easy to exceed them. Yes, the animation was not to my liking. Supposedly the characters were based on Bryan Hitch's art, but it's been pretty dumbed down and a little generic. I hope this DVD sells well so the movies that follow will have a larger budget to really nail the art. The story is a mix of the first twelve issues of The Ultimates but does not follow them exactly. I think they did a good job merging the two stories and some the fight sequences were really cool. I did not like how they made Hank Pym such a dick, but Thor was really frickin' cool!

I give it a solid B.

After watching this again, I just can't get over the lame animation... I want to lower the grade to a C+

No comments: