Monday, April 17, 2006

Lucky Number Sleven - Review

BRAIN: Zed and I took in Lucky Number Sleven last Wednesday night. I'm always ready to see a Bruce Willis movie. I went into this movie blindly and realized that it's more a Josh Hartnet movie. Bummer. Bruce almost seemed to walk through this movie without trying. He is a professional hitman with one pretty good scene where he tells a back-story and snaps some twenty-something's neck that fits into the plot later. Josh Hartnet tries his best to inject funny and smart-ass dialog that seems unnatural. I think my pre-existing dislike of Josh may of had a factor... The movie wants to keep you very confused until it reveals its self to you at the end when all characters and stories start to come together. Some of the inter-twining of characters didn't need to happen. I found it to be too forced and I called the ending half way into it. The editing and art-direction were great at times, mostly in the beginning during flash backs. The movie is entertaining but not great. I give this a C.

What did you think Zed?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have seen V for Vendetta while it was still in theaters...

Easily my pick for movie of the year thus far.