Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Star Wars Marketing Hits ALL-TIME Low

BRAIN: This is not a joke. There is a Lucas Family Set of Star Wars action figures being marketed online. Who would buy this? I really want to know. Let's take out the fact that Episode III was mediocre at best. How rabid of a fan do you have to be to want George and his kids for thirty-five bucks? I can see a collector (maybe) picking up a single pack of George... Before the prequels, Zed and I were as rabid as any fans, buying one of everything to open and one (maybe two) of everything to save. I would have never shelled out money to get his kids in costumes. Not sure why this surprises me so much. I guess it's because most of the die-hard fans I know have been turned-off by Star Wars lately and these must be the same people Hasbro is trying to get to buy this...

No comments: