Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Journey of Drizzt



ZED: Todd Lockwood's art initially attracted me to this novel and I picked it up on a whim, only to get home and realize that there were 15 books previous to The Thousand Orcs telling the story of Drizzt Do'Urden, renegade Drow (Dark Elf) Ranger. I buckled down and scoured the used bookstores picking up the whole series and 15 books later I'm now reading Thousand Orcs, having enjoyed all the books immensely. R.A. Salvatore has crafted quite a world within the Forgotten Realms (a dungeons and dragons setting) I recommend them highly. I am looking forward to two more books in this series and a spinoff starring some of Drizzt's enemies called Promise of the Witch King and then I'll have to wait for new books like the other Drizzt Fans.

No comments: