Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Underworld: Evolution


ZED: Brain and I went to see Underworld: Evolution this week. Just like last time, Vampires vs. Werewolves, cool. Hot, hot, hot, Kate Beckinsdale shoved into something tight and black, cool. Good Basic CG, makeup effects, gloomy environments and techie weapons, cool, cool, cool and cool. Story.....eh, OK. The basic plot is fine, but a bit convoluted again, there are so many dudes that could be from bands like Stained running around that you never really give a shit about the plot or characters. Once again the critical thing we go to movies for is lost in the shuffle of effects and settings and all the other bull. Start with the story for Christ's Sake. I give it a solid C, it's fun but could have been so much cooler if the story had been more than a bunch of cool scenes strung together. Kate Beckinsdale is definitely hot though, they did throw in a decent, quick sex scene.


BRAIN: Other than being lost the whole time, I kind of liked it too. The visuals and environments were great with a cool blue pallet. The main vampire chick was SUPER hot with a nice tight outfit. Acting was fine. The main lycan brother looked a little iffy though and you could see the fate of the vampire brother coming a mile away. I went in to this movie with pretty low expectations because I'm not a fan of this kind of vampire flick. I like my vampires to rely more on hypnotism and fangs than on guns and GPS tracking equipment. I've also had enough of the megga cool vampire characters with leather outfits, techno music and Creed-style hair cuts. I'm giving it a C+. It was fun but I'll probably never rewatch it (accept for the nude scene Zed talked about).
CHOW: Coke (smuggled in), Popcorn, Willy Wonka Bottlecaps

No comments: