Monday, March 20, 2006

A for V


ZED: V for Vendetta was awesome! In Britain in the very near future, under the hitleresque rule of the chairman played by John Hurt, a modern day Guy Fawkes makes decisive strikes against the government and those who "created" him. Without giving too much away, I will say I was very pleasantly surprised. Natalie Portman is great as the vehicle we use to discover some of the protagonist's inner secrets. It's based on the comic that came out a while ago by alan moore.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it ROCKED also... Im glad someone else went to it. I was starting to think Endless Mike and I were the only ones.

Anyway the comic noob I am, V for Vendetta convinced me to finaly go pick up Watchmen, supposedly Moore's masterpiece(have you ever seen that dude? He looks f'd up). Started it last night...

brainwerk said...

I want to see it. Anyone want to go again?

zed said...

yeah, he is the ted nugent of comics...great writer though. I'll be interested to see what you think of watchmen, I should dust off my copy, I imagine the art is dated now, but I'm sure the writing holds up.

Anonymous said...

Id go again... I loved it.

Anonymous said...

I agree, "V" was a good flick.

The art in WATCHMEN is still great.

-moll

Anonymous said...

There are some really hi-res desktops at the official site. Im talking like 2560x1600.

http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/index2.html